My friends at the Golf Instruction Courses have done some research on amateur swing speeds and tempo times at a local (Michigan) best ball golf outing. There’s a lot of data in the post and I found it very interesting reading.
Among the findings:
* Swing speed range for men was 79 mph to 122 mph with the average being 105.
* Swing speed range for women was 71 mph to 94 mph with the average being 79 mph (Note: only 7 ladies participated in the measurement survey).
* Tempo time range for men was 0.78 sec to 1.40 sec with the average being 1.03
* Tempo time range for women was 0.88 sec to 1.47 sec with the average being 1.28 sec.
* The longest drive for men, approximately 270 yards, came from a swing speed of 109 mph with a tempo time of 1.14 seconds.
* The longest drive for women, approximately 215 yards, came from a swing speed of 94 mph with a tempo time of 0.88.
Read the rest of the post.