If you’re going to be at the PGA Championship at Oakland Hills next week (I’ll be there), you might want to stop by the American Express pavilion. They’ve got a variety of activities, such as a mobile PGA Learning Center and complementary golf lessons. For American Express members, there are other perks. Read more after the jump:
AMERICAN EXPRESS BRINGS PGA LEARNING CENTER, THE ULTIMATE INTERACTIVE PRACTICE EXPERIENCE, TO THE 2008 PGA CHAMPIONSHIP
First-Class Tournament Experience and Exclusive Golf Offers for American Express Cardmembers
As an official Patron of the Professional Golf Association (PGA) of America, American Express will replicate the PGA Learning Center as a one-of-a-kind tournament experience for attendees at the 2008 PGA Championship at Oakland Hills Country Club.
Whether a beginner or PGA Professional, the PGA Learning Center in Port St. Lucie Florida is home to the ultimate in golf. Fans attending the 2008 PGA Championship can experience a mobile version of the PGA Learning Center, which is one of the largest and most advanced practice facilities in the world. Featuring four hitting bays and a full-size turf chipping green and putting green, the onsite PGA Learning Center will also include:
• GolfTec Swing Technology: Using cameras to capture your swing and advanced motion technology to analyze form, golf enthusiasts can test their skills and analyze the results online from any personal computer
• Complimentary Golf Lessons and PGA Clinics: Certified PGA Professionals will be on hand to offer personalized 10-minute golf lessons by appointment and group clinics focusing on different skills and techniques each day
SAVE THE DATE: Tuesday, August 5, 2:30 p.m. – Join American Express, former PGA Champion Davis Love III and Todd Anderson for an exclusive clinic at the PGA Learning Center
Are You a Cardmember?
While the PGA Learning Center is open to all, only Cardmembers will have the exclusive opportunity to enjoy:
• Championship Vision: Cardmembers can borrow complimentary, hand-held televisions that deliver a live telecast of the championship that fans can pause and rewind, check out aerial views of Oakland Hills Country Club and view player bios from anywhere on the course
• American Express Cardmember Club: The exclusive lounge area features complimentary food and beverage items and a silent auction featuring historic golf memorabilia and travel packages (Located between the 8th and 12th fairways, open all day from August 4–10)
• Commemorative PGA Poster: Special gift available with all purchases over $175 made using an American Express Card at the merchandise tents
INTERVIEW AND PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE. TO ARRANGE A TOUR OF THE PGA LEARNING CENTER EXPERIENCE OR SPEAK WITH AN AMERICAN EXPRESS EXECUTIVE, CONTACT LAUREN BUCHMAN AT (212) 373-6145
For more information on American Express and the best of golf, visit http://www.americanexpress.com/golf.