RFID makes credit cards convenient but also makes those cards vulnerable to high tech thieves. The electromagnetic fields that they generate make it possible for a skimmer to read your card through your pocket. The opportunity to do that is especially ripe in crowded places, such as airports or subways.
The solution is a wallet that blocks RFID waves. The wallets are constructed with a material that interferes with radio waves — a Faraday cage.
The Bellroy Slim Leather RFID Blocking wallet features:
- Slim profile with a classic aesthetic, a great starting point to slimming your pocket
- Available with RFID protection (in Java, Caramel or Black)
- Best suited to 5-12 cards plus flat bills
- Measures 3.3 inches tall x 4.5 inches wide / 85mm tall x 115mm wide
- Made from water-resistant Venture-weave polyester and leather
- Made from environmentally certified top-grain leather and backed by a 3 year cover