The Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero Driver is said to be the first use of artificial intelligence in design in the golf industry. At first I didn’t think that made much sense. Of what use is AI with a driver? Callaway’s explanation makes clears it up a bit, though. The Artificial Intelligence was basically used to run the face design through 15,000 iterations, with each design building on data collected from the previous. Callaway compares that to the usual five to seven prototypes created in a more traditional driver design.
The Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero Driver features:
- The Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero is the ultimate combination of low-spin and high MOI in a driver, led by new Flash Face Technology.
- Flash Face’s sophisticated architecture was created by Artificial Intelligence – the first known instance of using A.I.in the golf industry – to create a radically different face.
- Jailbreak Technology features two internal bars that stiffen and stabilize the crown and sole, placing more impact load on the face to promote faster ball speed.
- Adjustable Perimeter Weighting gives golfers the power to easily promote draws, fades or a straighter flight.
- The advanced head shape and internal weighting create a rare combination of high MOI and low spin in a player’s driver, resulting in more forgiveness and longer distance.