New from Cobra for 2019 is the F9 Driver. Improvements over the 2018 model include a new Speedback design for better aerodynamics and a lower center of gravity. A raised skirt, rounded crown and rounded leading edge improve the aerodynamics for speed, while the addition of a tungsten weight structure moves the weight low and deep.
The design of the face is supposed to minimize the gear effect for better distance on high and low misses.
I currently have a Cobra F8 in my bag, along with a set of Cobra hybrids and a Cobra Superlite Fairway. I’m a big fan of their metals. I’ve not yet had a chance to try their irons, though.
The Cobra F9 Driver Features:
- Speedback Technology-King F9 Speedback driver is the first of its kind to achieve true optimization of aerodynamics and low CG, making it the fastest, and longest COBRA driver.
- Speedback Aero Design-Speedback Technology delivers a highly aerodynamic clubhead design, and is the first to combine a raised skirt, rounded crown and rounded leading edge to improve airflow for maximum speed and stability.
- Low CG Speedback Weighting-The addition of a low, multi-material tungsten weight structure creates a low, deep CG that has never before been combined with efficient aerodynamics, optimizing club and ball speed, combined with low spin for extreme distance
- CNC Precision Milled Face-In an industry where everyone claims to have a fast driver face, ours is the only one that’s CNC milled. CNC milling delivers our thinnest, hottest face repeatedly on every driver we manufacture.
- Dual Roll Technology-Dual Roll adds distance to your drives by minimizing the gear effect that negatively impacts launch and spin on high and low misses.