DICK STEWART ELECTED INTO THE MICHIGAN PGA HALL OF FAME
EAST LANSING, MI – One new member has been inducted into the Michigan PGA Hall of Fame. Dick Stewart was announced as the sole member of the 2018 Induction Class. He was recognized at the Michigan PGA President’s Dinner, Sunday, October 28th at The Country Club of Lansing as well as the Section’s Fall Meeting Monday, October 29th.
Stewart has been a PGA Member since 1979 and is in his 40th season as the Head Golf Professional at Kalamazoo Country Club, the longest tenure in the Section.
Dick served as the Michigan PGA President 1993-1995. His career has included awards such as:
- 2006 PGA of America Merchandiser of the Year for Private Clubs
- 1987 & 2007 Michigan PGA Golf Professional of the Year
- 1984 & 2012 Michigan PGA Horton Smith
- 1988, 1990-1993, 2011 & 2014 Michigan PGA Bill Strausbaugh
- 1990-1992, 1995 & 2006 Michigan PGA Merchandiser of the Year for Private Clubs
- 1998 Greater Kalamazoo Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
- 2017 Kalamazoo Country Club Hall of Fame Inductee
- 2016 Golf Digest Hacker Award for Best Golf Shop
- 12x Golf World Business 100 Best Golf Shops – Private Club Category
The Michigan PGA Hall of Fame was founded in 2011 and exists to recognize and acknowledge those PGA Professionals who have excelled in their profession, achieved remarkable accomplishments, and made significant contributions to the game, the industry and the Michigan PGA. The inductees are honored at the Presidents’ Dinner each fall.