Duke Cannon WWII Big Brick of Soap Collection
The Duke Cannon line of products style themselves a a throwback to:
A time when the term handyman was redundant. A time when chivalry and patriotism weren’t considered old- fashioned. A time when you never put the word salad next to bar.
But something happened along the way. Men were encouraged to put down their lug wrenches and pick up their phones to hashtag for help. Substance was replaced by the flash of guys taking selfies. And instead of getting up before dawn to build railroads, men started going to the gym at 9 a.m. to ride pretend bicycles.
Thing One got me a Duke Cannon Big Brick of Men’s soap for Christmas, and in mid-March, I’m still on the same bar. It’s huge … and is specifically the same size as the bars issued to G.I.s during the Korean War, and made in the same US-based, family-owned factory that was a primary supplier.
I’m sure it smells better, though. I don’t know how the Korean era bars smelled, but I’ll bet it wasn’t good. The modern bars also are likely made from a much healthier set of ingredients.
The Duke Cannon brand also donates a portion of profits to various military charities.
This particular set of Duke Cannon soaps feature:
- Duke Cannon Big Brick of Men’s Soap, Set of 4, Limited Edition WWII Era Packaging. To honor the military heritage of our Big Brick Soap, this soap comes in our limited edition WW2-era box inspired by WWII propaganda posters.
- Accomplishment: Black Soap Bar has scent of Bergamot & Black Pepper. This incredibly masculine scent evokes a feeling of drinking a fine scotch in a wood-paneled den Not for clowns. At 10 ounces our soap bar is 3x bigger than feminine soaps. Steel cut grains for max gripability and manly exfoliation. A Portion of Proceeds Benefits U.S. Veterans. Cruelty-Free Soap. Made in the USA
- Victory: Green Soap Bar smells awesome (clean, fresh scent with a hint of grass). If you enjoy activities like drinking American beer or using power tools, then frankly, this is the only soap meant for you
- Naval Supremacy: Blue Soap Bar has refreshing Ocean Scent with a package sporting the official colors of the U.S. Navy. The scent is inspired by navigating the high seas
- Productivity: White Soap Bar has scent of fresh, energizing Mint. For the early rising man who leads a life of productivity, Duke Cannon created a soap with a hint of menthol to cool the skin and wake you up