Garmin has reduced the price of its top-of-the-line Approach G8 GOlf GPS by $50. That’s a good deal heading into Father’s Day.
The unit features a 1.5” x 2.6” (3.9 x 6.5 cm); 3.0” diagonal TFT multi-touch color screen, with a resolution of 240 x 400 pixels. That’s slightly larger than its sister G7 model.
The Approach G8 features:
- Plays like Distance Gives The Golfer Distances To The Target, Adjusted For Uphill Or Downhill Shots
- Smart Notification Receive Email, Texts And Alerts From Your Iphone (4S Or Later) Directly On Your Golf Handheld
- Garmin Connect Online golf community lets you play, then share and compare your round
- Club Advice Remembers how far you hit each club, and provides recommendations on which club to use based on your shot distances
- PINPOINTER Provides blind shot assistance by pointing you in the right direction when you are unable to see the pin
- Big Numbers Mode For easy viewing on your screen, increase the font size for distances to the front, back and middle of the greens
- AUTOMATIC COURSE UPDATE Device automatically updates courses with a Wi-Fi connection for no additional charge
For me, the bigger screen and automatic course updates probably are worth the additional $100 premium over the G7.
I’ve really liked the (much) older model Garmin Approach G8 that I own. I’m going to put this on my Father’s Day wish list.