Honma is a Japan based manufacturer of high end drivers. This one prices out at around $1,700. I’ve never seen one in the wild, other than in the hands of some of the players at the LPGA Volvik Championship here in Ann Arbor. It features:
- The face’s deflection strongly supported by the new crown and sole design.
- The resilience of the crown and sole by deflection on impact supports clubface repulsion.
- The impact from a hit is transmitted effectively to the crown and sole by the face design.
- The three new internal ribs extended from the face exert the never-before-seen interlocking effect between parts, resulting in high resilience and efficiency.
- The Ti-6-4 high-density forging method allows for a partially different thickness design based on thorough calculation, providing the most efficient face deflection.
- The resilience of crown/sole deflection during impact works in harmony with clubface repulsion, providing powerful trajectories.
- The shaft is specially designed for the S-05 with a high launch angle and head speed ensures a longer carry distance.
- The stiffness distribution adds the stable direction of the hit to the excellent grip.