In The Mail: True Golf Shoes
In the mail for review this week were a pair of True Original 1.2 and True Knit II shoes.
True is a bit of an upstart company, founded by PGA Tour player Ryan Moore and his brother, Jason. True is focused squarely on the walking golfer, with shoes that are designed from the ground up for players on the hoof.
The True Original 1.2 is the latest version of the company’s classic model. it features:
- “Bulletproof” Alternative Leather Upper (Highly Scratch-Resistant and Durable)
- Waterproof Bootie Construction (2 Year Guarantee)
- Reflective Rope Laces & Reflective Accents
- Wide Toe Box (Up to EEE)
- Neoprene Waterproof Tongue
- New Antimicrobial Insert for Superior Comfort and Breathability
- Flexible, Ergonomic Rubber Outsole
- Zero Drop Outsole (From Heel to Toe)
- Lightweight – 12.5 oz. (Size 9 M)
The True Knit II Features
- TRUEknit Fully Breathable One-Piece Upper (90% Polyester, 10% Spandex)
- Full Sock Fit Flexible Opening for Slide-In Comfort
- One-Piece TRUEknit Upper Flexibly Conforms to Most Foot Shapes (D-EE)
- New Open Cell Footbed for Increased Breathability and Comfort on Warmer Days
- NEW Wanderlux Midsole for Increased Comfort and Rebound
- Extremely Lightweight – 9.1 oz. (Size 9 M)
- Cross-Life Tread for Maximum Versatility
- Transitional (Minimal) Drop (~4mm Dependant on Size)
I am excited to try the True golf shoes. As a dedicated walking golfer (I think I rode in a cart for just four of the sixty or so rounds I’ve played this season), I am serious about footwear. For a shoe to meet my standards, it not only must be comfortable, it must hold up for round after round of pounding.
I’ll have a full review of the True golf shoes as soon as I’ve walked a few rounds.