PNC Father-Son Challenge Winners and History
The PNC Father / Son Challenge is a “silly season” golf event that pairs PGA TOUR and PGA TOUR Champions players with their children (primarily their sons). In order to qualify for the event, the father must have won either a Major Championship or The Players Championship. The junior player cannot be a current touring professional.
In 2005, Fuzzy Zoeller played with his daughter, Gretchen. Bernard Langer played with daughter Christina in 2013 and 2016. Arnold Palmer played with his grandson Sam Saunders in 2013. Saunders now is a touring professional.
In addition to the cash prize, the players vie for the Willie Park Trophy, named after the Father and Son Open Championship champions Willie Park, Sr. and Willie Park, Jr.
The tournament is played over two days in a scramble format.
Raymond Floyd won five times with sons Raymond, Jr. and Robert. Bernhard Langer has three wins with sons Stefan and Jason. Larry Nelson has three wins with sons Josh and Drew.
- 2019 Bernhard Langer and Jason Langer
- 2018 Davis Love III and Davis “Dru” Love IV
- 2017 Ángel Cabrera and Ángel Cabrera Jr
- 2016 David Duval and Nick Karavites
- 2015 Lanny Wadkins and Tucker Wadkins
- 2014 Bernhard Langer and Jason Langer
- 2013 Stewart Cink and Connor Cink
- 2012 Davis Love III and Davis “Dru” Love IV
Del Webb Father/Son Challenge
- 2009–11 No tournament
- 2008 Larry Nelson and Drew Nelson
- 2007 Larry Nelson and Josh Nelson
- 2006 Bernhard Langer and Stefan Langer
MBNA WorldPoints Father/Son Challenge
Office Depot Father/Son Challenge
- 2004 Larry Nelson and Drew Nelson
- 2003 Hale Irwin and Steve Irwin
- 2002 Craig Stadler and Kevin Stadler
- 2001 Raymond Floyd and Robert Floyd
- 2000 Raymond Floyd and Robert Floyd
- 1999 Jack Nicklaus and Gary Nicklaus
- 1998 Bob Charles and David Charles
- 1997 Raymond Floyd and Raymond Floyd Jr.
- 1996 Raymond Floyd and Raymond Floyd Jr.
- 1995 Raymond Floyd and Raymond Floyd Jr.