Ruixin Liu Wins FireKeepers Casino Hotel Championship
Socially distanced professional golf continues in Michigan. This weekend, Ruixin Liu won her fourth Symetra Tour victory at the Firekeepers Casino Hotel Championship in Battle Creek.
Liu was -13 for a two shot victory over Bailey Tardy.
Some post-tournament info:
In the Winner’s Circle with Ruixin Liu
July 26, 2020
Hometown/Resides: Guangdong Province, People’s Republic of China/Orlando, Fla.
Birthdate: November 13, 1998; currently 21 years, 8 months and 13 days
Qualified for Symetra Tour: Finished T67 at the 2016 LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament to first earn Symetra Tour membership
Turned Professional/Rookie Year: 2017
Symetra Tour: Fourth career victory
LPGA Tour: N/A
Previous Win: 2018 Symetra Tour Championship
VOLVIK RACE FOR THE CARD
With her win, Liu jumps to No. 1 in the Volvik Race for the Card with $30,319 total season earnings.
With her win, Liu collects a winner’s check of $26,250; she has earned $30,319 this season and $192,487 in her Symetra Tour career (2020 is her third full season competing on the “Road to the LPGA”)
PREVIOUS SYMETRA TOUR AND LPGA TOUR FINISHES
Symetra Tour: 1st in the 2018 Symetra Tour Championship
LPGA Tour: T11 at the 2019 Marathon Classic presented by Dana
2020 IN A NUTSHELL ON THE SYMETRA TOUR
Two events played and two cuts made; $30,319 with one victory and two top-10s
- Born November 13, 1998
- Liu is a native of Shenzhen, People’s Republic of China
- Loves otters and especially enjoys equestrian when not playing golf
- Finished T67 at 2016 LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament to first earn Symetra Tour status
- Three-time Symetra Tour champion in 2018 to finish at No. 1 in the Volvik Race for the Card
- 2018 Symetra Tour graduate to first earn LPGA Tour membership as 2019 LPGA Tour rookie
- Sixth player in Symetra Tour history to surpass $100,000 in single-season earnings ($124,839) en route to 2018 Symetra Tour Player of the Year honors
- Made six cuts across 20 starts as a 2019 LPGA rookie with season-best finish T11 at Marathon Classic presented by Dana
- Total of 40 events played in Symetra Tour career entering 2020 with 10 top-10 performances
ABOUT THE SYMETRA TOUR
The Symetra Tour is the official qualifying tour of the LPGA Tour and enters its 40th competitive season in 2020. With the support of its entitlement partner Symetra, the Tour’s mission is to prepare the world’s best young women professional golfers for a successful career on the LPGA Tour. Since Symetra’s inaugural sponsorship year in 2012, the Symetra Tour has grown from 16 tournaments and $1.7 million in prize money to a record $4.0 million in prize money awarded in 2019. With more than 600 alumnae moving on to the LPGA, former Symetra Tour players have won a total of 445 LPGA titles. Follow the Symetra Tour on the web at www.SymetraTour.com, as well as Facebook.com/Road2LPGA, Twitter.com/Road2LPGA and Instagram @road2lpga.
Symetra Life Insurance Company is a subsidiary of Symetra Financial Corporation, a diversified financial services company based in Bellevue, Washington. In business since 1957, Symetra provides employee benefits, annuities and life insurance through a national network of benefit consultants, financial institutions and independent agents and advisors. Symetra began its partnership with the Road to the LPGA in 2010 as the title sponsor of the Symetra Classic. It secured naming rights for the Symetra Tour in November 2011. In addition to its title sponsorship of the Tour, which runs through 2021, Symetra sponsors two events on the tournament schedule—the Symetra Classic and the season-ending Symetra Tour Championship. For more information about Symetra, visit www.symetra.com.