The TaylorMade PSi Irons are designed for the “better player,” but I feel as though the aspirational player could also benefit from a set of players’ irons. I truly believe that I’ve improved my game by playing the Callaway Apex Irons. Those are somewhat above my pay grade, but to get the best from them, I need to concentrate on doing all the little things right.
That said, the TaylorMade PSi Irons offer a lot of technology in a Players’ iron package:
- Cut-Thru Speed Pocket: Provides more distance and consistency, especially for shots struck low on the face.
- Face Slots for improved distance on heel and toe shots, with increased consistency on all shots across the face.
- Multi-Material Damping System with HYBRAR material, plus tungsten weights in long irons and forged short irons. These give golfers long irons that optimize ball flight and distance gaps; short irons that deliver the ultimate feel and control.
- A clean and precise look preferred by better players that inspires confidence at address.
- Inverted Cone Technology that is designed to expand the COR zone, resulting in more ball speed and distance on off-center hits.
- Blade lengths, toplines, and offsets that gradually progress from 3 – PW which are designed to optimize performance for each clubs specific role.
- Sub-2.0mm ultra-thin face that produces higher COR from a smaller head size and shape provides surprisingly long distance from a compact shape.
- 360* Undercut that lowers CG location for optimal trajectory from all irons throughout the set.
Tomo Bystedt’s Director of Product Creaton for Irons says that the “PSi has everything better players demand from an iron, and so much more. Whether you want superior sound and feel or increased ball speed and distance, you no longer have to compromise.”