Titleist’s latest is the AXV, a super premium ball that it says provides a softer feel than the Pro V1 and V1x, while offering pro level performance. According to Titleist, the ACX is the “lowest flying, lowest spinning and softest feeling high performance ball in the Titleist line.”
In the center is a high speed, low compression core, while the cover is cast urethane for soft feel and durability. In between, a “high flex casing layer” is designed to enhance speed and control spin for more distance.
“Golfers have spoken loud and clear about the performance of AVX,” said Michael Mahoney, Vice President, Titleist Golf Ball Marketing. “While our R&D team is constantly exploring new golf ball technologies, only a limited number of prototypes ever make it past the initial machine and player testing phases. AVX stood out from the beginning. Ultimately, it was important to let golfers decide whether this golf ball had a place in our line and the results of our test market were emphatic. Many golfers were waiting for a product like AVX – our lowest flying, lowest spinning and softest feeling high performance golf ball – to help them play their best.”
The balls are expensive, though, hitting the shelves at $47.99.
AVX TECHNOLOGY AND PERFORMANCE: Featuring a proprietary multi-component construction, AVX delivers remarkable distance and penetrating flight, very low long game and iron spin, exceptionally soft feel and premium scoring controlthrough the following new technologies:
- Innovative high speed, low compression core technology results in a powerful engine to drive remarkable distance with exceptionally soft feel.
- The invention of a new high flex casing layer enhances speed and controls spin to promote even greater distance.
- The proprietary GRN41 thermoset cast urethane elastomer cover has been specifically formulated by Titleist Golf Ball R&D to deliver premium scoring control with exceptionally soft feel and long lasting durability.
- A unique catenary aerodynamic design delivers a piercing, low trajectory while providing a consistent ball flight on all shots.
- AVX is made by Titleist associates in the company’s state-of-the-art Ball Plant 3 manufacturing facility to the highest performance and quality specifications in the industry, ensuring the most consistent performance ball to ball, and dozen to dozen.
- AVX is offered in both white and high-optic yellow.