What Courses Will Host Future US Opens?
Here is the list of courses that will host US Opens from 2020 through 2027.
- 2020: Winged Foot Golf Club (West Course), Mamaroneck, N.Y.
- 2021: Torrey Pines Golf Course (South Course), San Diego, Calif.
- 2022: The Country Club, Brookline, Mass.
- 2023: Los Angeles (Calif.) Country Club (North Course)
- 2024: Pinehurst Resort & Country Club, Village of Pinehurst, N.C.
- 2025: Oakmont (Pa.) Country Club
- 2026: Shinnecock Hills Golf Club, Southampton, N.Y.
- 2027: Pebble Beach (Calif.) Golf Links
I don’t understand the fascination with Shinnecock. The USGA screwed it up the last two times. Maybe they have learned. But I doubt it.
Also notable is the presence of any midwest courses. I do not understand why the USGA will not return the US Open to Oakland Hills. My understanding is that the membership would very much like to have it back — and that the club hosted the US Amateur a couple of years back in hopes of getting the US Open.
I find it hard to believe that there’s nothing in Detroit, Chicago, Minneapolis, etc. worthy of the USGA’s attention.