Dates: March 4-8, 2015
Where: The Blue Monster at Trump National Doral; Doral, Fla.
Par/Yards: 36-36—72/7,481 yards
Who’s In The Field:
- Total of 74 players, including the
- Top 50 from the Official World Golf Ranking as of February 23 and again on March 2
- Top 30 from the final 2014 PGA TOUR FedExCup standings
- Top 10 from the 2014-15 PGA TOUR FedExCup standings as of March 2
- Top 20 from the final 2014 European Tour Order of Merit
- Top 10 from the 2014 European Tour Order of Merit standings as of February 23
- Top two players from:
- 2014 Japan Golf Tour Order of Merit
- 2014 Australasian Tour Order of Merit
- 2014 Asian Tour Order of Merit.
How Patrick Reed won the 2014 Cadillac Championship
- Patrick Reed entered the final round of the 2014 Cadillac Championship with a two-stroke lead over Jason Dufner and Hunter Mahan, and carded a steady even-par 72 in the final round to capture his third victory and first World Golf Championships title.
- At the age of 23 years, 7 months and 4 days, he became the youngest player to win a World Golf Championships event, bettering Tiger Woods’ mark set at the 1999 Bridgestone Invitational by 26 days.
- It was just Reed’s second start in a World Golf Championships event. Reed’s 72-hole winning total of 4-under 284 is the highest since the inception of the Cadillac Championship in 1999.
- The previous high was 278 (Tiger Woods at Valderrama in 1999 and at Doral in 2007).
- Bubba Watson
- Bubba Watson has a runner-up finish in two of the last three years at the Cadillac Championship.
- Despite the course changes, he still recorded one of those runner-up finishes last year. Watson already has a win in the 2014-15 PGA TOUR season and it came at another World Golf Championships event, the HSBC Champions in Shanghai, China.
- Watson has three top 10s in his first four starts this season, with his lowest finish a T14 at the Northern Trust Open, where he was the defending champion.Rory McIlroy
- Rory McIlroy will be making his second start of the 2014-15 PGA TOUR season following his missed cut at The Honda Classic.
- McIlroy won his first World Golf Championships event last fall at the Bridgestone Invitational in Akron, Ohio, which was part of a three-week stretch that saw him also win the Open Championship and the PGA Championship.
- In his first two starts on the European Tour this season, McIlroy finished runner-up at the Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship and won the Omega Dubai Desert Classic.
- McIlroy has three top 10s in six previous starts at the Cadillac Championship, with his best finish coming in 2012 when he tied for third.Adam Scott, Australia
- Adam Scott is making his second start in the 2014-15 PGA TOUR season this week at the Cadillac Championship and first since the HSBC Champions last fall. He has four top 10s at the Cadillac Championship, including a T2 in 2006.
- Scott won his only World Golf Championships event in 2011 at the Bridgestone Invitational.
- In 2013-14, Scott made only 16 starts, but recorded 10 top 10s, tying his career-best from 2006. His win at the Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial vaulted him to the top spot in the Official World Golf Ranking,
which he lost later in the year.Paul Casey
- Making his 156th PGA TOUR start at The Honda Classic, Paul Casey finished T3 in his attempt for his second TOUR victory (2009 Shell Houston Open). Casey has finished inside the top 12 in three of his last
four starts at The Honda Classic (T4-2010, MC-2013, T12-2014, T3-2015), and he has back-to-back topthreefinishes coming into this week (lost in a playoff at the Northern Trust Open).
- The Honda Classic finish moved Casey from No. 65 in the Official World Golf Ranking to No. 45, qualifying him for the Cadillac Championship via the top 50 in the OWGR.
- Casey has three top-10 finishes in this event, with his best coming, a T6, coming in 2010.Anirban Lahiri
- India’s Anirban Lahiri will be making his first start in a World Golf Championships event, thanks in no small part to two wins on the European Tour in February (Maybank Malaysian Open, Hero Indian Open) that have boosted him to No. 35 in the Official World Golf Ranking.
- He was No. 65 to start the year.
- Lahiri has won five other events on the Asian Tour since 2011.
- Lahiri has played in six official PGA TOUR events, but this marks only his second in the United States (2014 PGA Championship, missed cut).Additional field notes
- The Cadillac Championship is the first official PGA TOUR event to include all 50 of the top 50 in the Official World Golf Ranking since the 2012 PGA Championship. Earlier that same year, the Cadillac Championship also fielded 50 of the top 50 in the OWGR.
- Defending champion Patrick Reed is one of four past champions in the field at the Cadillac Championship.
- Justin Rose (2012)
- Geoff Ogilvy (2008)
- Phil Mickelson (2009)
- 18-time World Golf Championships winner Tiger Woods (and seven-time Cadillac Championship winner) failed to qualify for the Cadillac Championship for the first time in his career.
- Anirban Lahiri, Tommy Fleetwood, Mikko Ilonen, Alexandar Levy, David Lipsky, Shane Lowry, Koumei Oda, Brendon Todd, Bernd Wiesberger and Danny Willett are making their first start in the Cadillac Championship
- James Hahn, Morgan Hoffmann, Steven Jeffress, Brooks Koepka, Gary Stal, Robert Streb, Cameron Tringale and Danie Von Tonder are making their first starts at the tournament and in any World Golf Championships event.
- The field includes 42 players from 20 countries outside the United States. With 21 countries total, this marks the most countries represented in the Cadillac Championship since 2008 (21).
- USA 32
- ENG 8
- AUS 5
- RSA 5
- FRA 3
- JPN 3
- GER 2
- NIR 2
- SCO 2
- AUT 1
- DEN 1
- ESP 1
- FIN 1
- IND 1
- IRL 1
- KOR 1
- NED 1
- NZL 1
- SWE 1
- THA 1
- WAL 1
The Blue Monster at Trump National Doral
- The Blue Monster Course at Trump National Doral underwent an extensive redesign prior to the 2014 tournament under the direction of renowned architect Gil Hanse, and the newly configured course proved
extremely challenging for the world’s best players.
- Trump National Doral was the third-most-difficult course on the PGA TOUR for the 2013-14 season in relation to par (+1.852) and was the hardest non-major course. The only courses more difficult than the
Blue Monster Course were Pinehurst No.2 (site of the U.S. Open) and Augusta National.
- The unusually high winds played a large factor in the high scores.
- In comparison, the last three years the course ranked:
- 2014: 3rd
- 2013: 31st
- 2012: 28th
- Trump National Doral had four holes ranked in the top 30 most difficult for last season.
- The famed 18th hole was not the most difficult at last year’s event.
- No. 7 ranked as the seventh most difficult on the PGA TOUR with a +.417 average over par score.
Outside the Ropes at the Cadillac Championship
- Tournament events start with Cadillac Nights Opening Drive on Tuesday night at Trump National Doral pool area (new location this year). This VIP ticket allows fans to mingle with PGA TOUR players, members of the Trump family and a host of other key local and national celebrities, politicians and executives. DJ Irie will entertain the crowd. A limited number of tickets will be on sale to get access to this ultra-exclusive event.
- Media are invited to interview players and celebrities on the red carpet or attend this event as a guest to start the Cadillac Championship week off “in the fairway”.
- On Thursday, building on the last two years, the Cadillac Championship will once again host an after-play fashion show at Trump National Doral. This year’s Cadillac Nights Fashion Show will be held after the completion of the first round on Thursday, March 5. The show, hosted by Ivanka Trump, will feature the latest designs by Dolce & Gabbana.
- Then, Trump National Doral and the Cadillac Championship, in conjunction with Trump Models will be hosting an official model search on the Fashion Show stage during the day on Fashion Friday.
- On Saturday, in partnership with AEG Live, tournament officials announced 10-time GRAMMY® Award-winning artist Carlos Santana as the headline performer for Cadillac Miami Nights Live featuring Santana following the completion of the third round The Trump National Doral resort has been host to the PGA TOUR for over 50 years and serves as home of the World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship. More information can be found at http://www.TrumpNationalDoral.com.
- For tickets and more information on the Cadillac Championship, go to http://www.CadillacChampionship.com.