The successor to the JPX 850 Forged, the Mizuno JPX 900 integrates 1025 Boron with the forged steel to produce a stronger, yet thinner face. The updated design offers improvements in both ball speed and forgiveness.
Benefits from Boron:
- 1025 Boron is roughly 30% stronger than 1025E, allowing thinner, hotter, more extreme geometry.
- Increased strength of Boron material frees up discretionary weight to be more optimally used.
- Grain Flow Forging process delivers soft, solid, consistent feel.
NEW CORTECH Design:
- Multi-Thickness Face Allows for higher ball speed retention on off center hits
- Oriented to optimizer rebound and ball speeds on center impacts
- Large rebound area combined with COR Tech helps deliver a new level of COR for a forged iron
Reshaped Pocket Cavity:
- Thinnest area of sole extended in both the Toe and Heel directions for more ball speed across the face
- 21.5 grams removed to be redistributed to the Power Frame for forgiveness and stability