Sun Therape ProSport Suntan Lotion Review
Sun Therape ProSport Suntan Lotion
Teacher’s Comments: One of the rare suntan lotions that does not cause a bad reaction on my skin.
While I fully understand that everyone needs to wear sunscreen, I have been hard pressed to find brands that do not cause a painful reaction on my face. The application of sunscreen leaves my face more read and feeling burned than if go without and just wear one of my wide brimmed hats. That’s not ideal in any sense. Fortunately, my arms and legs — for whatever reason — do not react in the same way, so I can use a regular sunscreen there.
Sun Therape ProSport is a brand that does better than most for my sensitive skin. After wearing it daily on rounds of golf and on the beach in South Carolina, I managed to avoid both a sunburn and suntan lotion-induced reactions.
The lotion is not at all greasy or sticky and feels quite dry on the skin. It has a bit of a soapy smell, but is otherwise inoffensive.
Manufacturer Pharmagel ProSport says that the product offers both sun protection from UVB and UVA rays, as well as an “advanced anti-aging, daily protective moisturizer.” The SPF rating is 35, and they recommend that you reapply every two hours.
I don’t know about the anti-aging thing. It’s too late for me in that department. But skin cancers are a very real thing. Here are some factoids from the Skin Cancer Foundation:
- Each year in the U.S. over 5.4 million cases of nonmelanoma skin cancer are treated in more than 3.3 million people.
- Each year there are more new cases of skin cancer1 than the combined incidence of cancers of the breast, prostate, lung and colon.
- Over the past three decades, more people have had skin cancer than all other cancers combined.
- One in five Americans will develop skin cancer in the course of a lifetime.
- Between 40 and 50 percent of Americans who live to age 65 will have either basal cell carcinoma or squamous cell carcinoma at least once.
Golfers, who spend hours in the sun, need to be very aware of the need for sun protection.
Sun Therape ProSport suntan lotion seems to me to be on the expensive side at $20 for a 4.25 ounce. But if skin care is a priority, this just might be worth it.
The Sun Therape ProSport Suntan Lotion Review was first published July 27, 2017 on GolfBlogger.Com.