Golf fans in west Michigan have a chance to watch professionals play this weekend at the second annual Tullymore Classic. This $100,000 championship marks the beginning of second half of the Symetra Tour’s schedule (The Symetra Tour is like the Triple-A for the LPGA).
Here’s what you need to know.
- The second annual Tullymore Classic.
- $100,000 purse, with $15,000 to the champion.
- At the end of the Symetra Tour season, the top-10 players on the year-end Volvik Race for the Card money list will receive their LPGA Tour cards for the 2017 season.
- Tullymore Golf Club, Canadian Lakes, Michigan.
- 11969 Tullymore Drive, Stanwood, MI, 49346
- GPS coordinates: N 43 33.836 W 85 19.361.
- Phone 231-972-4837
- Friday, July 1 through Sunday, July 3.
- Tee times start on Friday at 7:30 am.
- After the second round on Saturday, July 2, the field will be cut to the top 60 and ties.
- The final round begins at 7:30 am Sunday and will conclude around 4:30.
- The field consists of 144 golfers.
- The two sponsor’s exemptions are amateurs, and Michigan natives:
- Allyson Geer of Brighton, the reigning Michigan Women’s Amateur Champion (Friday Tee time: 1:08 pm 10 tee)
- Gabrielle Shipley of Hastings, who recently won the NCAA Division II individual title while competing for Grand Valley State University (Friday Tee time: 8:30 am 10 tee)
- Five players have Michigan ties:
- Laura Kueny of Whitehall (Friday Tee time: 9:20 am 1 tee)
- Samantha Troyanovich of Grosse Pointe Shores (Friday Tee Time: 12:35 pm 10 tee)
- Christine Meier of Rochester (Friday Tee Time: 8:25 am 1 tee)
- Caroline Powers, former Michigan State golfer (Friday Tee time: 2:36 pm 10 tee)
- Allyssa Ferrell, former Michigan State golfer (Friday Tee time: 8:14 am 1 tee)
- You can purchase tickets online here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-tullymore-classic-symetra-tours-road-to-lpga-tickets-26098517368
- The Tullymore Classic is one of five professional women’s tournaments held in Michigan
- The LPGA Volvik Championship, Ann Arbor
- The LPGA Meijer Classic, Grand Rapids
- The Symetra Tour Tullymore Classic, Canadian Lakes
- The Symetra Tour Island Resort Championship at Sweetgrass, Harris
- The Symetra Tour Firekeepers Hotel Championship, Battle Creek
- SpartanNash will be providing free tickets to the Tullymore Classic to Michigan high school girls golf teams, their families and coaches
- There are 62 international players in the field this week representing 26 countries
- Paula Hurtado will go from the Tullymore Classic to the U.S. Women’s Open next week as she qualified on May 25 at Carolina Trace Country Club (Lake Course) in Sanford, N.C.
- Sally Watson is the lone player in the field who also competed in the Meijer LPGA Classic in Grand Rapids
- Nine players – Emily Childs, Sara Banke, Kaitlyn Price, Ally Knight, Jordan Britt, Brittany Marchand, Ericka Schneider, Allyson Geer and Kate Scarpetta – hosted a junior clinic on tyesday for 30 local kids.
- Mary Narzisi tallied the first hole-in-one of her life using a 7-iron from 165 yards on the 12th hole during a Wednesday practice round at Tullymore.